- Cyber EssentialsLevel: Difficult20 mins
This is an introduction to the Cyber Essentials scheme published by UK's National Cyber Security Centre.
What is Cyber Essentials?
Officially, Cyber Essentials is an industry-supported scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common online threats. It focuses on 5 technical security controls:
- Gateways and firewalls
- Secure configuration
- Patch Management
- Access Control
The following video introduces these controls:
Did you know that you can get a professional certification on Cyber Essentials?
- A professional certification is a is a process by which a person develops the knowledge, experience, and skills to perform a specific job.
- A Cyber Essentials certification provides some assurance that the person obtaining it is capable to perform on a baseline in order to secure an organisation
- If you are reading this, it is very likely that you are interested in developing your IT skills. You should therefore consider to improve your cyber security skills
- More information can be found on the CE site, https://www.cyberessentials.ncsc.gov.uk/
A deeper look into the five controls: